BOOK REVIEW — Scandalous (Sinners of Saint, #3) by L.J. Shen





They call him The Mute for a reason.
Hard, cold and calculated, he rarely speaks.
When he does, it’s with disdain.
When he does, his words aren’t meant for me.
When he does, my stomach flips and my world tilts on its axis.
He is thirty-three.
I am eighteen.
He’s a single dad and my father’s business partner.
I’m just a kid to him and his enemy’s daughter.
He’s emotionally unavailable.
And I am…feeling. Feeling things I shouldn’t feel for him.
Trent Rexroth is going to break my heart. The writing isn’t just on the wall, it’s inked on my soul.
And yet, I can’t stay away.
A scandal is the last thing my family needs. But a scandal is what we’re going to give them.
And oh, what beautiful chaos it will be.






Rating & Review




     
  



SQUEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finished reading last night and freaking hell I can't stop thinking about it! I can't stop smiling or fangirling and my cheeks hurt from all that but it was everything I had hoped Trent's book would be and HOLY MOLY GUACAMOLE! Shen delivered. She freakin' delivered! I am going, to be honest, the book started as a 4 Star, moved up to a 4.5 in the middle of the book but HOT DAMN! That last 20% turned the whole book around and that was how it turned into a 5 Star read! Literally, THE BEST 20 minutes of my life reading a book.



descriptionYou know what your problem is, Trent?”
“No, but I’m sure you’re about to tell me.”
“You fight the tide. You fling your arms, kicking your legs, trying to escape it, overpower it. The secret is to go with the flow. The secret is to ride the wave. Don’t be afraid to get wet.”



*sigh* Just when you think that this series can't be better Shen throws another and makes you fall in love with the HotHoles all over again.

Scandalous is a guilty pleasure that once you start you can't stop. You are pulled into a story that is complex, riveting, and so thought-provoking. This isn't just a story between two individuals falling in love; it is about two individuals battling their own problems who come together in unfavorable circumstances and this chaos bred a beautiful relationship that broke all stereotypes and boundaries.




description“Tide... You’re such a fucking tide.”
“Seahorse,” she retorted.
“I wish.”
“You are.”
“Maybe,” I said, sounding unsure for the first time in a long time.
“I’m not your tide, Trent.”
“No. You’re my Delilah, Edie, and I’m your Samson. You want to ruin me, destroy me, strip me of my power, and betray me. I should stay away from you, but I want you too fucking much. And when it’s all over, when all that’s left of us is sweaty flesh and shattered minds and torn hearts, you will remember me as the man who made you cry, and I’ll remember you as the girl I had to break to stay afloat.”



Trent Rexroth's silent protectiveness, loyalty, and dedication towards his family and friends and business are admirable. But what isn't known to many people is the disarray his family life has been and you can see he is trying his best to fix it and make it good for his daughter, Luna.


Edie Van Der Zee is the opposite of Trent. The daughter of Trent's in-office rival, she is the forbidden fruit. Spontaneous, careless yet loving and loyal to the people that matter to her Edie turns Trent's life upside down.


Secrets, lies, deceits, and manipulations are what Edie's life is made of and when she unintentionally bumps into Trent, and what begins is a series of events that will leave you wanting more and more and more of this unconventional relationship.



descriptionI love how fierce you are when it comes to the people you care about. I love that you’re so aware of your flaws. I love that you fight them. I even love it when you succumb to them. I love every single part of you. The good and the bad. And I will never love anyone else the way I do you, because it’s not about my age. It’s about my heart. It belongs to you. Trent Rexroth, you’re my ocean. You make me wet.”



Ugh! This series has just gotten better and better and makes you fall in love with their unconventional heroes all that much more. Since the day Vicious landed on Kindle till yesterday after I finished the last book of the original HotHole I have LOVED every single minute reading this series. And it is hands down, the best series I've read this year!

You know how the saying goes by GBatiste: "Love doesn't discriminate, only people do."
This book is exactly it! It breaks all stereotypes and barriers; you don't get cookie cutter individuals with just a fatal flaw, you get two individuals who are messed up because life made them so and they are trying to wade through those tides.

The age or the race do not matter because as someone once said "Love has no eyes, Love has no age, Love has no culture nor religion, Love has no disability, Love has no gender or race. It only takes two crazy individuals to make it happen."






Comments