BOOK REVIEW — Lust (Vegas Nights, #2) by Emma Hart




Detective Adrian Potter had a lot to answer for. I didn’t care that he was tasked with shutting down the city’s most prolific hookers.

I cared that he was stopping me from providing for my daughter.

He didn’t care.

Not at all.

Until I broke down in the backseat of his car… And he let me go.

Adrian was a single parent, too. He knew how hard I had it. At least, he thought he did.

He had a job. He had people who cared. He didn’t know just how lucky he was.

My name is Perrie Fox.

I was a whore of the highest value.

Until Detective Adrian Potter.

Until the tattooed, redemption-seeking detective entered my life, looking for his fairytale.

The cop and the hooker.

Happily ever fucking never.

You’ve met one Fox sibling.

Now meet the other…




Rating & Review
    1/2


  
One ridiculously hot and sinful cop? Check.
One sexy and sassy hooker? Check.
Two too-smart and sassy-for their own good kids? Double check.

Now the let the fun and games oh and sexy times... Lots and lots of sexy time begin!



descriptionWe were on opposite sides. I upheld the law while she flaunted it. She fucked for money while I took down the people who did the very same thing.



Before I start can we take a moment to appreciate that cover? Because hot damn! Hart always slays the cover game and I am always eager to find out what the next one is going to be and as enticing this cover is the book is equally enticing, hot and scintillating.

Hart has taken two opposites of the same spectrum and meshed them together giving you a story that is hot, intense, passionate, deep and full of lust and love. And bring in two kids and bam! You have the ultimate show stealer in your hands.



descriptionI was rags to riches. He was pure, honest. I was lies and deceit and dollars. He was love and kindness and goodness. My entire life had been a lie, while his was a painful truth.


Perri Fox. I am utterly in love with this character. Fiesty, fiery, sassy, smart, sexy and independent single mother will do anything to give the best to her daughter even if it means treading on paths that she never thought she would. She went from riches to rags to riches again. Her life has been full of disappointments and deceit because of her family and love and sunshine because of her daughter and her brother who she hopes to get back with.


Adrian Potter. Now, where are the handcuffs, Officer? Hotter than Hades, tattooed and sexy as sin cop and single dad lives and breathes the law and will do anything to provide his son with the best. His life hasn't been easy but with his supportive family behind and a sassy kid, he is happy.


One night at the bar, Perri finds herself at the back of a police car with Adrian in the front. But you what they say... Everything is not what it seems and Perri was definitely not Adrian was expecting and Perri did not want Adrian invading her already complicated life.



descriptionI wanted her. Wildly. Crazily. Desperately. It was an insatiable desire that would only be cooled by the heat of her body against mine. Perrie Fox was destined to be mine. There were no two ways about it. She was mine. End of.



The one thing I've loved about Emma's writing over the years is the way she writes her characters as close to real as possible so it is easy to connect with them and feel all the feels. Adrian and Perri were so real. The lust, at first sight, the confusion, the ups and downs and the laughter and love everything is so freaking real I loved it!

The sexual tension was palpable when these two refused to give into each other.
They made me laugh.
They made me swoon.
They made me fall in love with their complication and flaws.
They left me wanting just a little bit more.

These two together were fireworks but the stars of this book, for me, are Zac and Lola. These two single-handedly bring a lightness to the book with their sassy comebacks and when you put these together get ready for some crazy belly laughs because they are *that* good and sassy smart!


Lust has been an amazing addition to the Vegas Nights series and definitely my favorite out of the two.

Just read the blurb, or just look at the cover because it is a looker and once you start I can guarantee you that you will fall in love Adrian, Perri, Zac and Lola and everything that comes with them.






Comments