BOOK REVIEW ― Switch by Adriana Locke






Mallory Sims is late for her first day of work.

After spilling her tea, she discovers she has no gas in her car. Add that her arm keeps sticking to her dress from syrup left on the console of her car, flustered feels like an understatement.

Then she sees her new boss.

Graham Landry is the epitome of NSFW in his custom-fit suit, black-rimmed glasses, and a look so stern her libido doesn’t stand a chance. Being flustered is just the start of her problems.

Her punctuality is only the start of his. With a pink slip in hand, he’s been waiting on his new secretary to show up only to let her go. Then she rushes in with her doe eyes and rambling excuses, smelling like bacon and lavender. The termination paper falls to the side as she falls in his arms. 

This is a disaster in the making. Not because of his pinpoint exactness or her free spirit, but because when they’re together, the sparks that fly threaten to burn the whole place down.


Rating & Review

    
 


descriptionThere’s a kinky animal buried in those stuck-up suits of yours trying to claw its way out, isn’t there?



DAMN! Mallory has got that right! I've read about Barrett and I've read about Lincoln but there was always something about Graham and his calm and collected demeanor that always pulled me to him. Maybe it was the curiosity, the need to see what was under the polished suits and attitude and Locke hit it out of the park with this story.

Graham Landry is the brother who has everything planned to the T and always looks out for his brothers. I mean, his contingency plans have contingencies! Behind his pressed suits and business persona, Graham has always been a mystery.

But what his perfectly scheduled life didn't account for was his new assistant Mallory Sims and how she was going to mess up his entire orchestrated life. Mallory is having the worst start to her day. One accident after another she didn't make an impression on Graham. Well not at the Executive Assistant level, anyway.

Mallory is the complete opposite to Graham. Where he is systematic, she is all over the place. Everything on Graham's desk has its place whereas everything on Mallory's desk is all over the place. Graham is a clean freak, Mallory creates a mess wherever she goes.


descriptionI want to celebrate with my . . . girlfriend?”
“That’s so high school,” I laugh. Shaking his hand, he motions for me to take it.
“How do you plan on celebrating?” I ask, pressing my lips together. He wiggles his brows.
“I think we managed to do that,” I say, wiggling my eyebrows back at him, “out here last time, didn’t we?”
“Last time was different.”
“Why?” He grins.
“Last time you weren’t mine.” Swooning, I take his hand and let him lead me into the house.



The chemistry and attraction between Graham and Mallory were instant and their banter was equal parts witty and clever. These two were perfect together and gelled into each other's life perfectly. Mallory provided Graham with a security for him to be himself around someone else other than his family and Graham provided Mallory with a steadiness, order, and faith in herself and in her life that she so desperately needed.

Is there drama in the book? Yes. But it slightly permeated the story rather than overpower it with unnecessary drama. Otherwise, the whole book has a lightness to it that is one of the characteristics of the Landry family that I absolutely adore!

Also, how can I end this review without mentioning my absolute favorite scene from the whole book? There was this particular moment, where we get to read about Graham's back story and the reason behind his anal retentive ways and at that moment I wished so hard for Graham to be real because I wanted to just squish him and give him a big cuddly bear hug. It wasn't because the situation was really bad and huge but because he was so vulnerable at that time and there is something about seeing grown men who are always put together, removing the mask they put for the world to see and letting go and just being themselves and feel all the hurt and pain that they normally hide from everyone.

I can never get enough of the Landry boys but an alpha, dirty talking CEO who is vulnerable has my heart.

First came grapes.
Then came ice cubes.
Now comes the syrup... *wags eyebrows* Read the story to find out what I mean ;-)




Comments