BOOK REVIEW ― Vicious (Sinners of Saint #1) by L.J. Shen







"Emilia

They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true. 
The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares. 
He is a brilliant lawyer. 
A skilled criminal. 
A beautiful liar. 
A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover. 
Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him. 

Vicious

She is a starving artist. 
Pretty and evasive like cherry blossom. 
Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down. 
She paid the price. 
Emilia LeBlanc is completely off-limits, my best friend’s ex-girlfriend. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate. 
That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t. 
So she hates me. Big fucking deal. 
She better get used to me. "


Rating & Review

    
 

description Be wise. Let your heart lead the way. And when you find someone who’s worth it— never let them go.



ghrtrljlfhuruivri *flapping hands and screaming*

I know that (^) is complete gibberish but this how I feel after finishing Vicious. This book was everything that I wanted. Vicious, Emilia, the secret, the darkness, the light, the revelations... EVERYTHING!!!!!

This is my first L.J. Shen book and let me tell you if you haven't picked up an L.J. Shen book but want to, pick this one up. You will not go wrong with Vicious. Shen has written a story with a hero that you will love to hate and hate to love. A set of friends you don't know what to do with and a girl. An innocent girl that you can't help but fall in love with.
This story is presented so beautifully and addictively, you can't help but want more and more and more, until the last page is turned and even then you will hold out a hope that maybe, just maybe, Shen will write more about the couple (Which she will not, since their story has been told *sad panda*)


description My obsession. My muse. My enemy...
He was the storm to my cherry blossoms...
I was her black. And she was my pink...


Baron Vicious Spencer lives up to his name and is indeed vicious. Calculating, smart, powerful, rich he wants for nothing except one. Emilia LeBlanc.

Emilia LeBlac is the complete opposite of Vicious. Sweet, beautiful, strong and fierce. She is the blend of all these things and make Emilia a beautiful person inside and out and gives her the ability to love with her heart.


descriptionAsk me what I want,”
“What do you want?”
“I want you.”
“Just you. Nothing else. Only ever you. Fuck, Emilia. You."


In the beginning, Vic and Millie had a hate/anger relationship and the hate and anger on Vicious parts grew into a whole new level when Millie started dating his best friend. Using his power and hate towards Millie he played his final move and succeeded in making Emilia leave her family.

The story is set ten years later after Vicious managed to make Emilia leave her parents and home in Todos Santos. They meet once again, but now Vicious wants Emilia to be part of his plan to get revenge on his father and his step -mother.
What I loved in the story was Shen taking us in the past at the right moments to fill in the gaps and make me understand Emilia, Vicious and their relationship. You see, Vicious has always had a thing for Emilia since he first met her at the library in the Spencer mansion. She intrigued him, got under his skin like no other and the only one who knew his secret.


Vicious was everything that I look in a Contemporary Romance. The push and pull between the two. The intensity, the chemistry, and the passion were perfect! Shen has done an absolutely fantastic job with this book and showing the characters at their most vulnerable and their strongest.


descriptionAsk me what I want again,”
“What do you want?”
“Nothing. I’m done wanting things. I have everything I need now. Ask me how I feel.”
“How do you feel?”
“In love.”
“I feel in love, and it’s you that I love. So fucking much.”



The FEELS!!!! This book had so many feels, especially the last 7%. I can't even begin to tell you how heavy my heart was with all the love and happiness I was feeling through Leigh's words. And dammit Vicious. He is *sigh* broody, silent but when he loves, it is toe curling! And Emilia is the perfect match to Vic in every sense. Like I had said before, the light to his dark, the quirky to his silent, the happy to his sadness... But more importantly the Pink to his Black.
They say third time is the charm, so I haven't already picked up Vicious I highly recommend that you click that link in the comments and do it. STAT!

#MrsVicious #Dibs


Comments