BOOK REVIEW ― Gravity by H.J. Bellus






"Your first love is nothing to joke about. It’s powerful, overwhelming, and something that haunts you forever. When your first love is severed, you lose a piece of your soul. Your world shatters.

My first love, Amos Marshall, left something behind for me. He promised me forever and gave that to me. It’s the GRAVITY that keeps my universe held together. This natural phenomenon keeps me whole to move forward every single day of my life.

Back in his hometown with a life-changing secret to reveal, the problem is I’m too greedy to give up the last piece of Amos that I hold dear.

Gravitational attraction has a funny way of pulling new people into your life. It’s unwanted, but the force is tenacious. 

Cub Stent storms into my life piecing together my secret. He fills dark mysterious holes that have been vacant for years. 

Does my heart have room for a second love?

Only Gravity will know."


Rating & Review

    


Phew! January feels like the month of firsts. I've picked up books by so many authors for the first time and HJ Bellus definitely belongs in this category.

First thing first, it is advised that you read Royal Atlas before picking up Gravity. Another thing... I am a rule breaker so I didn't do what was advised. LOL! But rest assured, if you do pick up Gravity before Royal Atlas, that is completely okay since this book can stand alone and I didn't find anything or any situation in the story that left me disconnected from certain parts of the book because I didn't read it in order.

HJ Bellus has written a story that is utterly heartbreaking and captivating at the same time. She literally ripped my heart out one page at a time and then managed to piece it back again but not without leaving the scars behind.

descriptionYour first love is nothing to joke about. It’s powerful, overwhelming, and something that haunts you forever. When your first love is severed, you lose a piece of your soul. Your world shatters.



These lines perfectly describe what you are going to get. Gracie and Amos loved each other through high school and adulthood separated miles apart with Amos at war and Gracie at home, waiting. The conditions weren't ideal, but they made it work because their love was worth it. It was any other day for Gracie but that same old day became a day she wouldn't forget. The day where she was told that the love of her life, the father to their unborn child was killed in the line of duty.

I swear, from this point on the tears didn't stop for a minute.
And then she met Cub Stent.


descriptionCub Stent storms into my life piecing together my secret. He fills dark mysterious holes that have been vacant for years. Does my heart have room for a second love?



Gracie on meeting Cub had no clue just how close they were to each other and they fall had and fast for each other. Through this journey, you see insta-love, see both, Cub and Gracie, fighting their demons. You see them fighting to reach their happy ever after. You see angst. Loads of angst and heartbreak and moments that just make you laugh out loud.

Do they get the Happy Ever After they deserve? Yes. But not without going through a lot of trials and tribulations and they manage to come out as winners having each other by their side.

There is not one character who didn't fit into the story. Every single character had a purpose in supporting not only Gracie but supporting her relationship with Cub as well.
Be ready to ugly cry and keep tissues in handy because you are going to need it.



Comments