BOOK REVIEW ― This is War (The Checkmate Duet #1) by Kennedy Fox








"Travis King is the worst kind of asshole.
He taunts me for being a good girl and mocks my high standards. 
He’s cruel, crass, and has enough confidence to last two lifetimes. 
And I hate him.

It wouldn’t matter so much if he were avoidable. 

But considering he’s my older brother’s best friend and roommate, I see him more than I’d ever want to.

His sculpted abs and gorgeous eyes are a waste on such an egotistical man, which makes me hate him even more.

Even though I’ve had a crush on him since I was ten, the feelings weren’t mutual and he’s always made that very clear.

He’s always loved getting under my skin and one night against my better judgment, I let him in my bed. 

I’ve succumbed to his manwhore ways, but that doesn’t change a thing.

Because the King is about to get played at his own game—and lose.

Checkmate."




Rating & Review

    



Just.... Just stop.
I mean, why do authors think this is okay?
Who gives them these kinds of ideas?
Why do the majority of them do this?

WHO SAID IT IS OKAY TO HAVE CLIFFHANGERS?!?!?!?! WHO????????????????

I mean, kicking me in the gut would have been less painful than the torture the ending of This is War put me through. A small note, if people like me say that we love cliffhangers, and no, we do, but not these kinds!!

TRAAAAAVIIIIISSSSS!!!!!!!! *sobs*

Okay. Okay.
*wipes tears*


descriptionWe’re playing some fucked-up game of cat and mouse and in the end, we’ll realize it’s a trap for both of us.


*takes a deep breath*

Viola Fisher is off-limits to Travis King. His best friend's little sister. The forbidden fruit and the only girl who hates his guts. But Viola is Travis's kryptonite, always has been since they were kids. Ever name-calling, every hate spouted, every anger filled gaze does nothing but make make them want each other more.


descriptionViola Fisher may look like your typical book nerd, but it’s all a deception. She’s smart as much as she is feisty, and hell if that isn't hot as sin.



I love Viola. She is not the kind of character who hates on Travis halfheartedly. She goes all out in her hate towards him and she does not shy away from letting him or anyone know about this fact.
But behind all the hate is a girl trying to protect her heart from the guy who broke it when they were kids.

And from that fateful night, they started to grow apart. Viola pushed away all her feelings and ignored Travis and treated him like the plague and nothing has been the same ever since. The once good friends became each others worst enemies.

The tension between the two literally bled off the pages. You could easily read the foreplay in between all the hateful comments thrown at each other.

Argh! I was dying for them to just get it on. Like, get it out of your systems already! I mean, their fights were intense and Kennedy Fox took their hate and fighting to such an intense level that it got too much for me but when they succumbed to their desire.

OH.
EMM.
GEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Fireworks! Fireworks everywhere!
The wait was sooooooooooooo worth it!

Read the book! Yes, you might want to bang your head, or possibly throw your Kindle at that cliffhanger *sniffles* but yeah, read it!




Comments