BOOK REVIEW ― Sweet Cheeks by K. Bromberg






"It all started with the invitation. To my ex-fiance’s new wedding. 

I should have ignored it. Thrown it away. Set it afire. But I didn’t. I replied. 

With a plus one.

And then my assistant accidentally mailed it.

Enter Hayes Whitley. Mega-movie star. The man who has captured the hearts of millions. But I gave him mine years ago. He was my first love. He was my everything. Right until he up and left to chase his dreams without so much as a simple goodbye.

When he showed up out of the blue ten years later, I should have known to steer clear of him. I should have rejected his offer to take me to my ex’s wedding. I should have never let him kiss me.

But I didn’t. 

And now we’re left wondering if the pieces of the life we once shared still fit together somehow. First loves are hard to forget. The question is, do we want to forget? Or do we risk the chance and see what happens next?"







Rating & Review


    

descriptionThe way I see it , sometimes things happen in life and love's put on hold. But if someone's your soulmate, nothing is going to stop you from together in the end.



As daunting it is for an author to branch into something new, it is equally scary for the reader to see the author they love venture into a completely new territory and wait on pins and needles to see the end result.

It is no secret that K. Bromberg is very well known for her Driven Series, which in my opinion, are fantastic! So, when she announced that she was writing a new book that was in no way related to the beloved series, I was intrigued. I couldn't wait to find out how the standalone second chance romance would turn out. And after finishing Sweet Cheeks I can wholeheartedly and without a doubt claim that Kristy did a PHENOMENAL job with this book.

I am a sucker for second chance romance. I love the whole concept of it; two people who were separated due to some circumstance and are reunited after so many years. I love the hesitancy mixed with familiarity, the anger mixed with longing and immensely enjoy how they try to find their footing around one another and learn everything about each other all over again. Argh! Sweet Cheeks was no exceptions. I had these tingly feelings all over my arms and just waiting with bated breath anticipating for everything to unfold. From the moment Hayes and Saylor came face to face once again, I. JUST. COULDN'T. WAIT.



descriptionHe became my first crush.”
“Then later my first love.”
“And later again my first heartbreak.”



It was all there. The friendship, the love, the joy, the indecision, the anger, the heartbreak, the memories, all of it just came flooding back and OMG! I just couldn't contain my self!

I throughly enjoyed every minute reading this book. This book has all the qualities to become an instant favourite with the readers! It's a mix of all the things I love reading in a book. Love and heartbreak, hope and confusion, swoon and angst and huge smiling moments. I wanted the book to end but at the same time I didn't want it to end because it evoked this giddiness in me that I didn't want to part with. 

If I had to pick my favorite part from this book, it would, hands down, be the memories of young Saylor and Hayes and how their friendship turned into the one of the sweetest first kiss and amazing romance. From the very first meeting to the first kiss in the tree house; from a beautiful romance to the one most devastating heartbreak a person can through; from meeting each other after 10 years to the end and everything in the middle, Bromberg presented everything that I absolutely LOVE in a romance in Sweet Cheeks.


Sweet Cheeks, simply put was AMAZING. And the Epilogue? PERFECT!


#HayesisMine #IWantCupcakes #AGame

Comments