15 Top Favorites of 2015




★ Lev: a Shot Callers novel by Belle Aurora                                                                                                                                                                                    

From the moment Lev Leokov spots the young woman hiding behind her hair in the middle of the gentleman's club, he can't take his eyes off of her. 

For the very first time in his life, he is affected. Having been told his entire life that he can't process or understand emotion, he considers it a big deal. 

When Mina Harris gets caught red-handed with a wallet that isn't hers, she falls apart. She's tired, lonely and hasn't eaten in days. Lev offers her an ultimatum... A nice warm bed, a hot meal and a job, or the cops. 
Mina takes her chances with Lev. After all, a person with nothing has nothing left to lose.




I hear screams in my head. 
I see blood on my hands. 
When I look in the mirror I see a stranger. 

How is it that I can remember bits and pieces of my life, but nothing of any importance and nothing that makes any sense? Everything is twisted and nothing is right. I’m choking with every breath I take, suffocating on the unknown. 

Two days ago, everything changed. Two days ago, the people I should trust the most became strangers in my convoluted head. The dreams I have can’t be real. The fleeting memories that whisper through my mind are scary and wrong…they have to be. If they aren’t, I have something much worse to fear than my fractured mind. I need to find out the truth, even if it destroys me. 

I've been told my name is Ravenna Duskin. I’m eighteen years old and I live in a prison…




Fisher,

I guess this is it, huh? After fourteen years together, starting a life of our own on this island, five deployments and countless letters I’ve written you through it all, I finally go out to the mailbox and see something I’ve always dreamed of: an envelope with your handwriting on it. For one moment, I actually thought you’d changed your mind, that all the awful things you said to me were just your way of coping after everything you’d been through. I was still here, Fisher. I was still here, holding my breath, waiting for you to come back even though you told me you never would. You always said you’d find your way back to me. Out of all the lies you’ve told me, this one hurts the most. Enclosed you will find the signed divorce papers, as requested.

I hope you find what you’re looking for. I’m sorry it wasn’t me.
Lucy 



They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. They lie. For 21 days she held on. But on Day 22, she would have given anything for the sweet slumber of death. Because on Day 22, she realizes that her only way out means certain death for one of the two men she loves.

                                                        
  She Writes Love... by Sandi Lynn                                                                                                   

 Two lives, two losses, and one meeting that changed their lives forever. Learning to move on and to love again isn’t always easy. 




Mirror, mirror ... who's the fairest of them all?

I still cringe when I hear that line. A fairy tale that had girls pretending they were the fairest, the most beautiful, and the most entitled. A fairy tale most couldn't grow out of turned my haunted childhood memories into a living nightmare. Girls who grew up believing that pile of garbage became the meanest of all 'mean girls.'

And those mean girls were right - it was a line meant for all the beautiful people in the world - and I knew the answer would never be me.

The women with long legs, flat stomachs, and perfect chests. The type of women Kane Masters gravitated toward. Well, that's definitely not Willow Tate. No. That will never be me. Because I'm completely imperfect. And ... I hate myself. I have no idea what Kane could possibly see in someone like me when he could have them.


Dear Professor,
Does it bother you that you're ten years older than me?
Have you ever thought it's wrong that you watched me fuck another guy on camera for months?
What do you want from me, really? All I wanted was my letter of recommendation, but now I'm stuck, aren't I? Stuck under your thumb... And your body.
From cam girl to personal whore, and all by the age of twenty-one. You've got me good, haven't you?
But guess what? I can play too. Grab the polish, because I've found your skeleton, and it's time to dust.
I'll see you in class.
Oh and, Sir? I'm not wearing any panties.

Love, Darcy
P.s. you're an asshole.



My life changed forever the night my husband died. 
I was left with a shattered heart, a heap of bills, and our daughter, EVERLEIGH. I don’t want to rely on anyone, least of all CREW GENTRY. He’s my first love and the man who almost destroyed me, the man who has let me down every time I’ve needed him. 
But when tragedy strikes a second time, Crew just might be my only hope. 

My life changed forever the night my brother died. 
I was left with a guilty conscience, a pile of mistakes, and little else. I take care of JULIA GENTRY, my brother’s widow and the love of my life, and their daughter. I know she doesn’t want my help, but she gets it anyway. I owe her that. 

When another disaster hits, I’m given the opportunity to make things right. I’m taking it. I'm willing to sacrifice it all.




 Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.
Can Ben’s relationship with Fallon—and simultaneously his novel—be considered a love story if it ends in heartbreak?




Two names that didn't belong to us. Two shoes that did. 

Senior year, last period English class, and a pair of silent tennis shoes resting next to hers in the back of the room throws Hawthorne into a world she'd learned to stay outside of. 

His name is Max Vincent, but in her mind, he’s Heathcliff. The handsome eighteen-year-old boy behind the shoes will pull Hawthorne into a passionate and unforgettable adventure of self-discovery during a time when love seems impossible. Shoes can tell a lot about a person. The journey they take you on can tell a lot about how they'll hold up. 



I lost her. 
No. I threw her away. 
She was my best friend. 

I was never supposed to fall in love with her. 
I was careless. 
She was heartbroken. 

I thought I was doing fine. But here she is, years later, forced to work with me, reminding me why I fell in love with her in the first place. 
And this time I'm going to do everything in my power to never let her go.




On the day of her Presenting, in front of the entire Byern Court, seventeen-year-old Cyrene Strohm's lifelong plans come to fruition when she's chosen for one of the most prestigious positions in her homeland—an Affiliate to the Queen. 

Or so she thinks. 

When Cyrene receives a mysterious letter and an unreadable book, she finds nothing is as it seems. Thrust into a world of dangerous political intrigue and deadly magic, Cyrene's position only grows more treacherous when she finds herself drawn to the one man she can never have... 
King Edric himself. Cyrene must decide if love is truly worth the price of freedom.





When society tries to put you in a box, knock the walls down. –Tati Green 

“You have a pretty face” is such a back-handed compliment. It’s like telling me that my face is beautiful, but the rest of me is not. 

Despite what society says, my curves are hot. 
My love life, on the other hand, is not. 

My mom says I’ll never find love because of my weight. 
My sister says I’ll never find love because of my personality. 
My almost-fiancé says I’ll never find love because I’m incapable of loving anyone. 

At twenty-seven years old, I’ve never been in love. I date a lot, yet sparks never fly. But when I experienced the heart-pounding, skin tingling feeling for the first time, I didn’t think it would be caused by a guy I’ve never met. And I damn sure didn't think he would end up holding my future in his hands in more ways than one. 



The answer lies somewhere in the past, and now the truth will come to light. Will Cassie rediscover what it's like to be trusting and open again - the way she was before Ethan? Or is it too late for these star-crossed lovers?Cassie swore she'd never forgive Ethan for breaking her heart when they were in acting school years ago. He was her one great love, and when he refused to love her back, a part of her died forever . . . or so she thought. Now she and Ethan are sharing a Broadway stage, and he's determined to win her back. Finally he's able to say all the things she needed to hear years ago . . . but can she believe him? Has he really changed, and what makes this time different from all his other broken promises?




Foreign war correspondent Tanner Thomas is addicted to living on the edge. Needing the adrenaline rush of his job to help him cope with a personal loss, he throws himself back into the game, concentrating all his energy on getting the next big story. But when he meets his new photojournalist, Beaux Croslyn, he can't help but feel like he's losing his focus - and maybe risking more...
With secrets she won't address, Beaux is far from your ordinary woman. Determined to keep her distance emotionally, she's still willing to pull Tanner in closer and enjoy all the sparks flying between them. But as Beaux's past begins to put their relationship - and their lives - at risk, Tanner's determination to find the truth puts them both in jeopardy.
He's ready to chase her to the ends of the earth to find out if what they had was real, or if theirs was just an exquisite heat fated to burn out . . .

Comments