The Perception by Adriana Locke | BOOK REVIEW


The Perception (The Exception, #2)The Perception by Adriana Locke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Buy The Perception (Kindle)

"There is no greater burden than a secret, and Kari Stanley has been carrying one alone for a long time. But fate intervenes in the form of a broken down car and the kind offer of assistance from a handsome stranger with a sweet, southern drawl. In exchange, all she has to do is go to dinner with him. Temptation was never so sweet. 

Max Quinn has secrets of his own. His good deeds aren't just a product of his southern upbringing; they're his atonement. As one dinner turns into two, he realizes that Kari just might be his salvation. 

As they struggle to find their path together, their secrets weigh heavier on them. Will they be able to trust one another with the truth, or will their secrets keep them apart forever?"


Confession time! I haven't read The Exception , yet and I have been told that I'm missing stuff, like HOT stuff... A lot!

But one thing is for sure, even though having not read the first book, I'm certifiably in love with Max Quinn.




My Thoughts 

"My life had been dull and now it was vibrant, bursting with red cups, multi-colored sticky notes and the most beautiful green eyes I had ever seen."


For me Max's character stood out from almost all my book boyfriends. Max Quinn is not your typical, over bearing, hovering, over-possessive alpha male. Nuh-uh! He is frankly, quite the opposite. He is a gentleman.

Max is the perfect combination of contraries, which actually cannot be true since they contradict each other, but nevertheless...

He is cocky but sweet, strong yet vulnerable, hardworking but laid-back. I mean really, how many of your or my book boyfriends are laid-back?!

He is loyal to fault. A quality that has been taken as an undue advantage.

But what he cherish's and values the most is the woman who he loves with all his soul and heart.

"You and I are permanent. I love you and everything that makes you you Kari Stanley. I guarantee you I'm not leaving you and if you think you're leaving me, you have another thing coming."


Additionally, the bromance between Cane and Max is too much fun! Their rapport, the bond, the understanding with just a look, the adviser and advice, brothers-from-another-mother. Thoroughly enjoyed them both!

"There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do for you, no scenario that I could imagine not being with you. I knew the first time I saw you that you are someone special."


*Sigh! Oh how I wish Max had spoken these words to me*

Kari, for me, is the perfect match for Max. She is strong and vulnerable. She is most definitely not a doormat for anybody. She has faith in Max and everyone around her, except for a chosen few. What she lacks faith in is their love. Most importantly Max's love for her.

"Sweetheart, you and me- we're permanent.You'll see one of these days. I'm just waiting on you to come around."


Oh well, she did come around and you know how the saying goes, right?


And they lived Happily Ever After!


Max and Kari's story is a beautiful journey full of emotions and finding the strength within ones self to trust a person with your heart.

So ladies, just sit back, get comfortable and jump headfirst in this story. Trust me, you will not be disappointed!


Comments