The Design by R.S. Grey | BOOK REVIEW

The DesignThe Design by R.S. Grey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Buy The Design (Kindle)

"Five minutes until the interview begins. 

Fresh on the heels of her college graduation, Cameron Heart has landed an interview at a prestigious architecture firm.

Four minutes until the interview. 

She knows she’s only there because the owner, Grayson Cole, is her older sister’s friend.

Three minutes. 

For the last seven years, Grayson has been the most intimidating man Cammie has ever had the pleasure, or displeasure, of being around.

Two Minutes. 

But the job opportunity is too good to pass up. So, Cammie will have to ignore the fact that Grayson is handsome enough to have his own national holiday. 

One. 

After all, she shouldn’t feel that way about her new boss. And, he will be her new boss.


“I’m not intimidated by you,” I said with a confident smile.
“Perhaps we should fix that, Ms. Heart. Close the door.”

My Thoughts


The Design is the second book in the Heart Series telling us the story of Cammie Heart and Grayson Cole.

I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every single page of this book, not even for a second did I loose interest. I mean, I had to literally stop myself from highlighting the whole book.

There is just so much to write about this book, I'm literally having problem as to what to write and what to leave out!!

"He was the Mr. Darcy to my Elizabeth Bennet, the Prince Charming to my Cinderella, and most importantly, the Ron Weasley to my Hermione Granger."

'Le Sigh! Now who doesn't want their personal Mr. Darcy and Prince Charming? Grayson Cole was all of the above! Yes! Even Ron Weasley.

Grayson is this person that has aura around him that demands attention of the characters in the book and the reader's as well.

He gives off a mysterious vibe. And he is! behind those designer suits and hard exterior is a person who is loving, caring, protective, challenging, passionate about his work and one who do anything for Cammie.

And as the author so aptly put it " Grayson pulled up- looking like Batman in his dark gray sports car. He had on a pair of worn jeans and a white undershirt.... Hello, Grayson Cole"

Now, Batman! He's sexy!

Cammie! Now what can I say about her... She is an absolutely beautiful character. I loved her in 'The Duet' and I love her even more now.

It's amazing how her mind works. She puts up a front of being this strong person, which she is, but inside her she has that 'itch' to be something more. To be independent, to be an amazing architect, to stand for herself and I commend her for that.

What also attracts Cammie towards the reader is her wittiness. She is quick and sharp.. Take a look

"It was so boring that for one thirty minute stretch I had a vivid day dram about Michael Fassbender, in which he taught me how to drive stick shift sand then we bumped uglies in the back of his car."
And add Brooklyn to mix... Well read it for yourself

" 'Too late. No one take advantage of mon petit dejune.' A part of me wanted to tell Brooklyn that she had just called me "her little breakfast," but another part of me wanted to warn Alan. He might be terrible, but hell hath no fury like my pop star sister scorned."

These little things is what made the book and like I said in the beginning I enjoyed reading it!

Now to the most amazing part of the book: The Ending!

Boy, did not see that coming! Ms. Grey doesn't give us just one but TWO EPILOGUES!!!

What could be better than that?!

The ending was absolutely perfect!

Comments